The 7th Green Culture gathering
2018 will mark the seventh Green Culture event where we continue to merge arts~culture, green~creative businesses, science~education and philosophy in search for sustainable and heart-centred solutions to protect and preserve the only home we all share, our planet Earth.
This year we are partnering with seven new organisations and our speakers are visiting ten cities to hold talks and deliver workshops over seven days. This includes a collaboration with the Cultural Centre from Bijelo Polje and the alternative centre Restart from Budva as well as the International Philosophy Olympiad among others.
The European branch of Al Gore’s Climate Reality Leadership project is one of our official partners and we are hosting a full day of Climate Reality leaders presentations. The heart of our Gathering for the week will be the Ada Bojana island resort in the South of Montenegro, a secluded island with a deep green forest and long sandy beaches. The pink and purple sunsets are spectacular. It is a place of true, unspoilt natural beauty, the perfect spot for spreading our mission.
We are hosting an artist’s colony and daily yoga and meditation sessions. Massage therapists and Reiki masters will be available to offer services for a donation. The evenings will be filled with a variety of art forms and, a world music festival with live gigs. There will be a theatre performance and film screenings. Renowned photographers will capture the significance of the event and the atmosphere using the latest drone technology.
Our music curator is producer Andy Wright (www.andywrightmusic.com).
Exciting times ahead of us!
The programme is the initial list of the planned schedule and there are likely to be a few additions to the programme, which will be updated continuously to reflect these additions.
Welcome to Ada Bojana resort – our home 20-27th May 2018! If you love festivals but don’t love crowds and tents join us at Green Culture 7 in Montenegro next May. At Green Culture you will have a roof over your head and a proper bed. Moreover you will enjoy the wonders of socialist era architecture from the early 1970’s – an utterly authentic retro experience.
Ada Bojana was built in Tito’s Yugoslavia and the minimalist bungalows, grouped closely together, give a sense of belonging, community and joy. The original avant-garde, free spirited community still return, bringing their children and grandchildren to spend time with them at the island. It is a much loved place for a fascinating group of people.
The resort recently has been modestly refurbished, but with such a loyal clientele the management of the resort doesn’t feel the need to overly impress its guests. They come back year after year for the unique atmosphere, the crystal clear water, the incredibly fresh air and the breathtaking sunsets. This is not a pristine modern resort. There are some issues. For example, there is a high concentration of strong-smelling sulphur in the water. However, the beneficial health aspects of this mineral are well known (It’s fantastic for the skin and hair). There is no swimming pool, but the clear waters of the bay are an incredible experience.
Our venue is situated on the island of Ada Bojana, which sits on a delta of two rivers merging into the Adriatic Sea. It has a scenic approach – wooden bungalows on both sides of the river, inspired by the original fishermen’s huts, and with large fishing nets acting as a huge arts installation. Every year a horse riding club is based at the resort for the summer, and they offer sunset rides by the calm sea waters. The sandy beach is 3 km long and during the season the sky is filled with windsurfing kites and all kinds of summer sports – a festival of colours like sky lanterns.
Because of its beautiful natural setting we are hoping to help develop Ada Bojana into an eco-arts centre which will offer artists residencies in solar panelled/wind turbine powered buildings. This is also going to be our home for the residential Green Culture Global Academy starting next autumn. Whatever you make of it, it will open new perspectives and you will be moved by the experience.
We look forward to seeing you in this magical place next May.
Green Culture is a platform for exchanging innovative, educational experiences and a network of collaborators from the cultural sectors of the Western Balkans and around the globe. We bring together regional leaders and international industry experts from all fields who embrace the global sustainability agenda into their philosophy and convey their knowledge to the wider public to inspire action.
WHO is coming?
Among the others we’ve had: Activists. Artists. Ambassadors. Beekeepers. Businessmen. Creatives. Cultural Leaders. DJ’s. Dancers. Environmental Experts. Entrepreneurs. Educators. Fashion Revolutionaries. Festival organisers. Film Makers. Biomimicry Specialists. Green Builders. Hydro Engineers. Journalists. Kiters. Climate Leaders. Light Workers. Musicians. Muses. Ministers. Naturists. Oceanographers. Professors. Royalty. Radio Presenters. Students. Dark Matter Scientists. Tree huggers. Urban Foresters. Volunteers. Writers. Yoga Teachers. Zoologists
WHAT is Green Culture?
A-an: Gathering. Open Space. Fest. Knowledge Retreat. Summit. Think Tank. Platform. Movement. Connecting Space. Creative Network. Speakers Corner. Eye Opener. Hard Facts Provider. Green Power Engine. Enabler. Values Explorer. Brain Picker. Depth Searcher. Educational Space. Direction Giver. Quality Validator. Wisdom Sharer. Coming Home to Yourself. Extraordinaire Finder.
WHY they attend?
To: Network. Share ideas. Learn. Exchange experiences. Express concern. Look for solutions. Brainstorm. Talk to leaders. Meet cool people. Have Fun. Be among the likeminded. Feel free. Support the mission. Share your wisdom. Stay tuned. See what other people do. Get inspired. Energise your mind body and soul. Be amazed by the surroundings. Create a cleaner future. Contribute to a hands-on immediate action. Make your say for something that matters to you. TAKE ACTION and Make a difference.
Speakers by cities
- Chris Johnson, Founder, Shambala Festival, UK Co-Founder, Operations Director and Sustainability lead of Shambala Festival Chris is Co-Founder, Operations Director and Sustainability lead of Shambala Festival, […]
- Dr Hugh Hunt, University of Cambridge, UK Dr Hunt is a reader of Engineering Dynamics and Vibration, and a passionate speaker on the need to take […]
- Professor Jason Box, Denmark Dr Box is a prolific climate scientist working for the Geological Survey of Greenland and Denmark. Box has direct experience watching the […]
- Alina Averchenkova Co-Head Climate Policy, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment,London School of Economics, London, UK Alina joined the Grantham Research Institute on […]
- Professor Chris Rapley CBE, M.A., Ph.D., D.Sc., UCL, UK Professor Chris Rapley CBE is Professor of Climate Science at University College London. He is a Fellow […]
- Ms. Fiona McCluney, UK UNDP Resident Representative/UN Resident Coordinator Ms. Fiona McCluney (United Kingdom) has been appointed as UN Resident Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative for […]
- ROBIN GELLATELY-SMITH Green Building Council, Montenegro Robin is 70 and still full of energy with a strong desire for innovation and exploring ideas with a constant […]
- Dr Raoul Valerio Bianchi, UK Associate Professor in Tourism at the University of East London Dr Raoul Valerio Bianchi is Associate Professor in Tourism at the […]
- Lehla Eldridge Lehla Eldridge is an illustrator, performer, author of books and unschooling parent. She has written about unschooling for The Guardian, UK. She works as […]
- Anthony Rogers ANTHONY ELDRIDGE ROGERSAnthony is an executive coach, coach trainer and author.His life so far has orbited around two main tracks:First he has been a […]
- Victoria Nestor Workshop facilitator and Speaker, Hasmonean High School, London, UK Victoria is currently the Head of Physics and Assistant Head of Science at Hasmonean High […]
- Faris Oweis VP of Corporate Development and Chief Instigator Digital Town, US Faris Oweis is DigitalTown’s VP of Corporate Development and Chief Instigator. He’s an evangelist […]
- Maya Berisha Founder BENE organic drinks, UK/MN Born in Montenegro 1968, studied in Belgrade at Faculty of Mining and Geology University of Belgrade Mining Engineering.December 1998 […]
- TIGRILLA GARDENIA Interspecies Researcher and Damanhur Ambassador Damanhur Eco Community, IT Damanhur, Italy www.tigrillagardenia.com Why should you listen to the Plant World? Once upon a time, […]
- Gloria Benedikt Dancer, Choreographer and Science & Art Project Leader, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), AT Gloria Benedikt was born in Austria and trained […]
- Alia Alzougbi, UK Head of HEC Global Learning Centre Alia is Head of the HEC Global Learning Centre in London and is among the core teaching […]
- Karl Elliot-Gough, UK Author, Musician, Herbalist and Forager Founder of The Culinary Caveman, UK KARL ELLIOT-GOUGH was conceived in the Summer of Love and having been […]
- Nicola Peel Environmentalist, Inspirational Speaker and Solutionologist, UK Nicola has been working for most of her adult life on finding solutions. Blessed with common sense she […]
Climate Reality Leaders
- Nick Breeze Cambridge Climate Lecture Series, UK Nick Breeze – Climate Journalist and cofounder of the Cambridge Climate Lecture Series (CCLS)Nick is a climate communicator writing […]
- Cristina Levine Climate Reality Leader, BR Laudato si – The Papacy and Veganism:Renewable and clean energy can only be sustained with a cleaner and renovated collective […]
- Djordje Samardzija, One Degree Serbia One Degree Serbia, RS Djordje Samardzija holds MSc in Air Traffic Engineering. He joined climate change arena in 2010. Firstly, as […]
- Carrie Cort Sussex Green Living, UK The Future We Want – Climate EducationBased in West Sussex, UK, Carrie Cort is an environmental educator, social entrepreneur and […]
- Jenny Edwards Green Culture coordinator for CRL Re-source Coaching, UK Almonds and AvocadosBased in London and West Sussex Jenny Edwards is a Business coach specialising in […]
- Zsolt Bauer – Budapest, Hungary European Branch Manager, The Climate Reality Project, Europe, HU Zsolt Bauer has spent close to 15 years in the communication industry […]
- Stuart Scott, US Ecologist, Strategist, Educator and Speaker United Planet Faith & Science Initiative Stuart Scott is a deeply committed ecologist, strategist, educator and public speaker. […]
- Deborah Rozman Ph.D., US President and CEO, HeartMath® Inc. Deborah Rozman, Ph.D. is President and CEO of HeartMath Inc. She is a behavioral psychologist and helped […]
- Carolyn Newton and Carlos De Sousa Founders The Whale company, UK Carolyn Newton, Chief WhaleCarolyn was born in South Africa and spent much of her childhood […]
- Gjorgji Krsteski Gjorgji Krsteski is born in 1976 in Struga. He graduated at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering in Skopje in 2002 at the department of […]
- Stanko Pavleski Stanko Pavleski is born in 1959 in Erekovci, Macedonia. He graduated at the Faculty of Fine Arts in 1984 in Skopje. He got his […]
- Vesna Dunimagloska Vesna Dunimagloska born 1976 in Bitola. She graduated in 1999 from the Faculty of Fine Arts in Skopje. In 2005 she obtained an MA […]
- Gabriela Sosa Gabriela Sosa was raised in Panama and fled to the United States during the Noriega regime. She attended UCSC, where she received a B.A. […]
- Jean Francis OneSpirit Interfaith minister, UK Jean Francis’ training as a OneSpirit Interfaith minister/celebrant enables her to respect people of all faiths and none, holding the […]
- Gordana Ražnatović Re-start, MN Gordana Ražnatović has been engaged in the methods of self-development for over 15 years. She is a Master of Reiki, practitioner of […]
- Jan Zijlstra The Sharing Circle, NL Jan Zijlstra provides consultancy, trainings and workshops for organisations and intentional working groups in search for more flexible and intuitive […]
- Elizabeta Zijlstra Jovanovska Kalen, MK Elizabeta Zijlstra Jovanovska is a community development facilitator, youthworker, coach and trainer, permaculture designer and a doula. Her biggest passion in […]
- Aleksandra Shymina Systematic Constellations, RU/UK Aleksandra is a London based systemic constellations and systemic ritual practitioner. Aleksandra has a life long curiosity about ways to improve […]
- Andrew Marstrand Total Being, UK Andrew Marstrand was born just south west of London, where he has lived since back in the 20th Century. As well […]
- Dinesh Gohil, India Eastern Vibrations, IN/MNs Yoga instructor Dinesh is our guest yoga teacher. He was born India and he has been athletic throughout school and […]
- Chelsey Needham, UK Innersense Guru, UK Yoga instructor Your yogic experience will be provided by Chelsey from Holistic Health Company, InnerSense Guru. Chelsey has been teaching […]